LANAP®, which stands for laser-assisted new attachment procedure, is an FDA-cleared laser treatment that offers a less painful, more successful treatment alternative to conventional surgery for periodontal disease. LANAP® treatment is one of the most successful protocols in treating gum disease because it can target the source of the swelling and inflammation without damaging or removing any healthy gum tissue, allowing the body to recover from the chronic infection without the need for cutting with a scalpel or sutures.
USES FOR LANAP® PROTOCOL
The LANAP® protocol is used to:
- Treat gum disease by removing only the damaged tissue and avoiding the removal of any healthy tissue.
- Maintain the height of the gum tissue surrounding the teeth, which will help to minimize pain and discomfort.
- Ensure a full closure of the periodontal pocket and allow healing to take place.
Helping to control and treat periodontal disease makes it much more likely to restore and save teeth that may otherwise be hopeless.
LANAP® TREATMENT PROCEDURE
Below are the steps required when undergoing LANAP® treatment:
- First, a perio-probe will indicate the pocket depth of the periodontal pockets
- Laser light will be used to remove diseased tissue and any remaining bacteria
- Special hand tools such as an ultrasonic scaler are used to remove tartar along the surface of the tooth’s roots
- The bone will be modified as needed
- The laser will finish cleaning the periodontal pockets and seal them off so that new germs are not allowed to enter in
- The bite trauma is adjusted, and healing is allowed to occur.
Request a Consultation
At Littleton Implant & Periodontics, our patients can expect to be treated with dignity, respect, and the utmost level of care from our entire staff.
We utilize the latest of periodontal technology in combination with surgical techniques employed by a board-certified periodontist. We also take the time to educate our patients on pre-op and post-op procedures to ensure the overall success of our treatments.
Learn more about some of our periodontal procedures for patients in Littleton, Colorado and surrounding areas:
- LANAP® Laser Gum Surgery
- LAPIP Laser Periodontal Surgery for Dental Implants
- Dental Implants
- Bone Regeneration
- Crown Lengthening
- Gum Grafting
Click the link below to schedule a consultation and discover the periodontal treatment options available to you in Littleton, Colorado.