Most dental patients who wear dentures mistakenly believe that dentures can last forever. But in reality, dentures should be replaced every 5-10 years depending on the age of the patient. Your face and jaw will change over time and obviously, your dentures won’t be able to adapt to these changes, causing problems and discomfort.
Signs That It Is Time To Replace Dentures
Below is a list of signs and symptoms you should pay close attention to; these signs could mean it is time to have your dentures evaluated:
- Problems with chewing food
- Sore and irritated gums or soft tissues
- Bone loss or ridge loss
- Dentures that are becoming loose
- Dentures that fall out when eating or speaking
- Headaches or pain in the neck or ear
- Foul-smelling or discolored dentures
- Sagging mouth, thinning lips, or other changes in facial features
Here at Littleton Implants & Periodontics, we can help those who may be frustrated from dealing with dentures. For more information on how dental implants can be the solution you’re looking for, please contact our Littleton, Colorado periodontics and dental implant office today.