It’s no secret why dental implants are increasing in popularity. They’re the most natural artificial tooth choice for adults missing some or all of their teeth. Odds are that if you’re able to undergo any other type of routine dental procedure, you can be a candidate for dental implants.
Those Who May Benefit From Dental Implants
Dental implants are recommended for those who:
- Are currently wearing dentures – Dental implants are a much more stable and natural-feeling tooth replacement than dentures. If you have trouble with your dentures, you may want to consider speaking with Dr. Ryan Jenkins about dental implants.
- Suffer from bone-loss – Dental implants can help prevent any additional bone loss that can sometimes occur when teeth are lost. The preservation of bone can also help you maintain your facial shape and structure.
- Have been diagnosed with gum or periodontal disease – If you have suffered from gum disease-related tooth loss, dental implants are a good choice. In fact, the success rates for dental implants following gum disease are very high.
Those Who May Not Benefit From Dental Implants
There are a few scenarios that can affect your candidacy for dental implants. You may still be considered for dental implants, but it all depends on your unique situation and circumstances. Below are a few risk factors:
- Use of tobacco products – Use of tobacco products can lower the success rate of dental implants. This doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to receive the implants, but we strongly encourage you to quit tobacco usage before your surgery.
- Suffering from a chronic disease – If you suffer from a chronic disease like diabetes or high blood pressure, extra precautions will need to be taken before you receive your dental implant surgery.
If you want to learn more about dental implants or if you’d like to set up a consultation with Dr. Jenkins, please contact Littleton Implants & Periodontics. Our dental office is located in Littleton, Colorado.